Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Waveform VWF Error 199013

GHart10
Novice

Hello,

Has anyone run into this error code when running Waveform Sim?  (see attached)

BTW, anyway to search Intel database using their Error code numbers?

any feedback is appreciated

-Glen

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You can go to the webpage Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Help version and find the related error. 
Link below. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/eqneto_invalid_testbench_output_path.htm

0 Kudos
GHart10
Novice

Hi shyan,

Thanks for your reply.  The solution is not helpful at all.    I'm suing QP lite unlicensed software and have made no changes to the QP settings. Using Graphic editor schematic capture and waveform generation tool. 

CAUSE: You specified an HDL output file name using the --testbench_file option, but the HDL output file name contains a non-existent directory path.

ACTION: Specify an HDL output file name that contains an existing directory path.

The recommended solution above  makes no sense as I'm using the Graphic Editor and not using HDL language.  When I used the Waveform editor (VWF) I get this failure.  What's very frustrating is I haven't changed any of the QP sw settings.

Any further suggestions?

thanks for you support, 

Glen

RichardTanSY_Intel

Could you share a screenshot of the error message? 

You could try at Simulation Waveform Editor > Simulation Setting > Restore Default. Then try to run the simulation again.

If problem persists, try to:

a) Remove bad wave form file;
b) Clean and rebuild project
c) Create new Waveform.vwf and save it in the project root (same directory with your design)
d) Run simulation.

john_b190932ee
Beginner

Thanks. Restoring default settings worked for me!

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
raffaeler
Beginner

The solution works but I still don't get why I should "restore settings" even if I never changed them.

I started from scratch but still resetting the settings changes the file destination path.

Also, the waveform editor complains about `--novopt` options being specified and generates an error. Of course I never added it, this is the default.

In other words, these are bugs

0 Kudos