Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1079 Discussions

Writing Data to RAM and Internal Memory in FLEK10K

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Dear all, 

I am in the middle of a project and have come across a glitch at the moment. One of the core aspects of this project is to write the data received from encoders or LCD to the internal memory provided within the FLEX10K. I have been searching and have found that the FLEX10 has 2KB of memory. In the FLEX10K there are 8 EAB's each with a capacity of 2048 bits. How can I write to a specific spot in memory. 

From my understanding, each one of those bits in the EAB should have an address associated with it. My question is how do I decide which address I can write to and how do I do that in VHDL.  

From my research I came across people using *.mif and *.hex files but I do not see how it can be used since it does not provide an address. I also saw the Megawizard Plug-In manager for several RAM and ROM schematics but I still am not sure how to implement it on the FLEX10K. 

I appreciate all kinds of help. 

Cheers
0 Kudos
0 Replies