Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Wrong link for SOC Computer System v13.1 (ARM version of PDF)

mosagepa
Beginner

Hello.

I  point out that, this link within the University Program  contents is  wrong,

https://ftp.intel.com/Public/Pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/13.1/Computer_Systems/DE1-SoC/DE1-SoC_Computer_ARM.pdf

since it downloads the DE1-SOC  PDF  for the Nios-II  version of the Computer System information and description, and not the HPS ARM-based description PDF as the name  in the link would  imply.

Does  anyone have the "right" PDF ? (for v13.1, for all other versions  the corresponding links seem all to be allright.)

Also, does  anybody  know where within the Intel or  Intel FPGA website can one point the missing  or wrong  link cases for their Webmaster / staff to fix?

Thanks  in  advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mosagepa
Beginner

Hello.

After   a bit  of browsing thru the FTP server with the UP materials, I've found out that, within the 14.1 subfolder, strangely enough, there is indeed a copy of the (alas) v13.1  PDF with  "instructions/ description" for the ARM 9 stuff (versus Nios-II) of the  Computer System,  the PDF can be downloaded here:

https://ftp.intel.com/Public/pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/14.1/Computer_Systems/DE1-SoC/DE1-SoC_Computer_ARM.pdf

and the  corresponding FTP link e.g. for those using  FileZilla or other direct  clients would be:

ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/14.1/Computer_Systems/DE1-SoC/DE1-SoC_Computer_ARM.pdf

I know they sometimes mix up  versions within documentation when there have been  no  changes  between the older  version and a  newer one, but in any case,   Intel/ Altera  staff  should take more care with their website references to  avoid  us  customers becoming crazy and spending our little time into these quirks rather than into our design work.

I know I  am not alone in this, since I see a good bunch  of  posts dealing with broken/ wrong links all around.

Any gentleman/ lady from Intel Support / Doc  staff can be nice to give us  some reply/ insight? Are you  fixing this?   (since in his particular case,   EVEN the UP Computer Systems installer/s   for v13.1  does  NOT populate the aforementioned PDF  document.)

Regards

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

hi

if you don't have any quires, I'll close the case.

thanks & regards,

Hareesh.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi mosagepa,

There was an upgrade to the web portal few months back. Some of the content maybe missing due to that. I'll inform to team.

thanks & regards,

Hareesh.

0 Kudos