Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

alt_up_vga_dev* alt_up_vga_open_dev(const char* name);

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,i am the first time use university program VGA core. 

I don't know the function alt_up_vga_dev* alt_up_vga_open_dev(const char* name); how to use and (alt_up_vga_dev *vga) what's this? Please help me!My Board is DE2.:) thanks! 

the function define in ALTERA_UP_AVALON_VGA_H.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I guess everything is well explained in 'VGA core for Altera DE1/DE2 boards' document available at ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/university_program_ip_cores/vga.pdf.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! i had readed VGA.pdf,but it wouldn't run on DE2 board.i build NIOSii+SDRAM+VGA Core(no buffer)+Development Board External Interface(VGA clk+SDRAM clk). i want to ask a question about VGA Core CLK.IN VGA pdf,the VGA Core need 25Mhz.avalon_pixel_slavePort need 50Mhz. 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=547  

SO i need to change the red circel to 25mhz? 

please every one tall me how could i do? 

the monitor has signal without ANSI C and Function?(Just download .sof) 

please help me !Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,i am the first time use university program VGA core. 

I don't know the function int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 

pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y); how to use and (alt_up_vga_dev *vga) what's this? My Board is DE2. I can't set pixel on monitor . I want to set pixels on monitor. I write source C to set pixels. I don't know to use int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y); Please help me!.Thank.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i the first time use university program VGA core. 

I don't know the function int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 

pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y); how to use and (alt_up_vga_dev *vga) what's this? Please help me!My Board is DE2. I can't set pixel on monitor. What is pointer VGA?What is the pointer to the VGA structure pixel? Help me .Thank.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi you, 

you can divide clock 50Mhz by using file PLL to have clock 25Mhz. I have project use VGA core. My project is output signals, i use clock 25Mhz (ok).I'm using ANSI C and Function. But i don't the function int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 

pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y);I want to use it. we can discuss together.OK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi where are you from? 

i was sucessfull for this ip 

:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

:confused: v03820 can you post how you got it working. 

:( All I get is a screen full of colored dots and no ability to plot points. 

:D I'm using a DE1 board. 

Enya.
0 Kudos