Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1087 Discussions

alt_up_vga_dev* alt_up_vga_open_dev(const char* name);

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,i am the first time use university program VGA core. 

I don't know the function alt_up_vga_dev* alt_up_vga_open_dev(const char* name); how to use and (alt_up_vga_dev *vga) what's this? Please help me!My Board is DE2.:) thanks! 

the function define in ALTERA_UP_AVALON_VGA_H.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I guess everything is well explained in 'VGA core for Altera DE1/DE2 boards' document available at ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/university_program_ip_cores/vga.pdf.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! i had readed VGA.pdf,but it wouldn't run on DE2 board.i build NIOSii+SDRAM+VGA Core(no buffer)+Development Board External Interface(VGA clk+SDRAM clk). i want to ask a question about VGA Core CLK.IN VGA pdf,the VGA Core need 25Mhz.avalon_pixel_slavePort need 50Mhz. 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=547  

SO i need to change the red circel to 25mhz? 

please every one tall me how could i do? 

the monitor has signal without ANSI C and Function?(Just download .sof) 

please help me !Thanks!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,i am the first time use university program VGA core. 

I don't know the function int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 

pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y); how to use and (alt_up_vga_dev *vga) what's this? My Board is DE2. I can't set pixel on monitor . I want to set pixels on monitor. I write source C to set pixels. I don't know to use int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y); Please help me!.Thank.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i the first time use university program VGA core. 

I don't know the function int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 

pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y); how to use and (alt_up_vga_dev *vga) what's this? Please help me!My Board is DE2. I can't set pixel on monitor. What is pointer VGA?What is the pointer to the VGA structure pixel? Help me .Thank.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi you, 

you can divide clock 50Mhz by using file PLL to have clock 25Mhz. I have project use VGA core. My project is output signals, i use clock 25Mhz (ok).I'm using ANSI C and Function. But i don't the function int alt_up_vga_draw_pixel(alt_up_vga_dev *vga, alt_u32 

pixel, alt_u32 x, alt_u32 y);I want to use it. we can discuss together.OK
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi where are you from? 

i was sucessfull for this ip 

:)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

:confused: v03820 can you post how you got it working. 

:( All I get is a screen full of colored dots and no ability to plot points. 

:D I'm using a DE1 board. 

Enya.