Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1087 Discussions

compile the ADC source C file into ELF

SCola4
Beginner

I am experimenting the ADC module of the DE1-SoC. I have downloaded the DE1-SoC_v.5.1.3_HWrevF.revG_SystemCD and I can successfully run the DE1_SoC_ADC/demo_batch under the Demonstration folder from win10.

As I understand this demo_batch is opening a cygwin that loads a .sh file that pushes an executable file (DE1_SoC_ADC.elf) into the board. The executable runs on the HPS and thanks to the upload of the DE1_SoCADC.sof file.

I would like to recompile the ELF file, how can I do it on windows?

I tried copying the entire folder into Linux and trying to execute make I get this error: nios2-elf-gcc command not found.

Is there a procedure to correctly compile the C into ELF using Windows? I would prefer Windows as I have Quartus on the win machine..

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Hello Stefano, Can you check soc eds installed in the windows ? Can I assume you are using the cyclone V ? if yes here is the link for to start with https://fpgawiki.intel.com/wiki/SoCEDSGettingStarted Note : Arria 10 or Startix 10 soc related file generation shall be used only via linux OS. Thank you , Regards, Sree