Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1079 Discussions

problem with up_nios2_command_shell.sh

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello everyone, 

I am trying to execute basic NiosII system on DE2-115 board. I generated the .qsys and .sof files and entered them in the altera monitor program. But after the compile and load I am facing certain errors as given below- 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 16: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 17: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 62: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r'' 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 62: `env_var_delete () { 

/usr/bin/bash: nios2-elf-objcopy: command not found 

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit OS.. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found the solution for this problem. I worked on windows the whole time and the up_nios2_command_shell.sh is a shell script executed in linux always, so I had to install Cygwin to run this shell script in windows. 

you install cygwin package onto your OS, various versions are available according to the windows OS. (32/64 bit and windows 7/8). 

Thank you.