Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

11.1 (academic) update

briardew
Beginner
Is it possible to download the updates for an academic license of 11.1 that has expired? I'm at revision 046 and have run into the bug with -O3 fixed in update 6. I'd prefer not to have to buy a new license to fix this.
Thanks,
Brad
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Academic licenses are good for all updates released in the year after purchase. If you want a compiler newer than that, you'd need to buy a new license.
0 Kudos
briardew
Beginner
Do they have to be downloaded within the year after purchase? The product was purchased more than a year ago, May 2010, but update 6 actually came out before that. I wasn't able to get the registration center to recognize the serial number on the box.
Thanks,
Brad
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No, you can download any time. Once you have registered the serial number, the Registration Center will show you the latest update you are entitled to. If you need more help with this, please ask in the Dowload, Registration and Licensing section of the forum.

Update 6 to Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 was released in September 2011.
0 Kudos
briardew
Beginner
I think you might've understood. I'm looking for an update to 11.1, cf.
I'm not looking for an update to Composer XE 2011. Either way, it sounds like an issue with the registration.
Brad
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Right - sorry for the confusion.
0 Kudos