Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

32bit DLL contains 64bit shared libraries

skinner__karl
New Contributor I

Hi All, I'm trying to build a WIN32 (32-bit) DLL but it won't work from excel and I'm getting errors from DependencyWalker that different CPU types are used, DW is saying there are three LIBxxx.DLL files that are x64 whilst all others are x86. I've checked the Compilers tab under \tools\options\ and all options seem OK, I've also tried Resetting them, but to no avail. I'm using compiler Compiler 17.0.4.210 [IA-32] and Visual Studio13

Can anyone suggest why my WIN32 DLL is linked to the wrong redistributable (x64) DLLS (LIBxxx.DLL)?

regards

karl skinner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
skinner__karl
New Contributor I

Many thanks Andrew for the post, I hadn't found that link. Turns out as you say the 32/64 bit error from Dependency Walker was a red-herring, my problem was as I'd installed a new Intel compiler some weeks ago,  I needed to use the latest library DLLs (LIBMMD etc) or else Excel would complain with "Error 53 - file not found" when calling my fortran DLLs.

best regards

karl

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
skinner__karl
New Contributor I

Many thanks Andrew for the post, I hadn't found that link. Turns out as you say the 32/64 bit error from Dependency Walker was a red-herring, my problem was as I'd installed a new Intel compiler some weeks ago,  I needed to use the latest library DLLs (LIBMMD etc) or else Excel would complain with "Error 53 - file not found" when calling my fortran DLLs.

best regards

karl

0 Kudos