Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

9.024 u/g again

davidspurr
Beginner
Surely there is a simpler process (4 - 6 separate installs!)

QN this time: Step 7 (Install Guide). Opportunity to register for Premier Support, which I already have. OK just have to enter registered email address (now which one was that?), but guide says will then be sent an email with an "initial password".

Does that mean I get a new password every time I update (eg 9.018 > 9.021, and 9.021 > 9.024)?

Already a pain having to change it every 3 months without this as well. Perhaps it's senile decay, but I find it hard enough to remember dozens of passwords for every miscellaneous piece of software, forum, account, etc without having to change them that frequently as well. Not even my bank account requires that.

#####

OK bit the bullet & pressed "next". Following screen then states I am already registered (+ a similar red message that initially looks like something failed ... #@#$!). [Then, despite the above two messages, the final screen again gently reminds me of the importance of registering!]

More user friendly to state (on the previous screen) that email address not required if already registered. Rather the way it reads, it sounds like will not get support for this particular version (9.024) unless do provide email address.

OK its nit picking, but a simpler, smoother updating process would be appreciated. Pity there is not a way to revise my responses to the u/g survey!

:-)
David
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You do not have to reregister. Curious, I don't recall being asked to reregister when I install updates. Or are you saying that the install guide says to register so you think you need to do this each time? If so, I'll fix that (I own the install guide and release notes.)
0 Kudos
davidspurr
Beginner
I was referring to screens that came up during the install process.

I think it is also in the Install Guide, but I no longer have access to that (access was during install & I am not certain where the file was placed or if it remains on HD ?).

The install I did yesterday was on my laptop (decided to test it there first, just in case!).

Repeated the exercise this morning on my desktop & took three screen shots as attached fyi.

- Screen I Note "If you have registered before with Intel, ..."

- Screen II The following screen if email address is entered.
(with red message)

- Screen III The following screen if no email address entered.

David
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Interesting. This suggests that you don't have a registered license sitting on your system. This should have been installed the first time you registered.

Log in to the Registration Center and ask it to send you a copy of your license. Place the received file in Program FilesCommon FilesIntelLicenses as a file with a .lic file type.
0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I
The installation and update procedures for IVF are really a mess. I received a questionaire from Intel last week asking how the process could be improved. Is there any hope that thesuggestions from the users will be implemented soon?Greetings, Wolf
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ww know that the installation needs improvement, which is why we sent out the survey. Thanks for responding.
0 Kudos