Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Abaqus 6.13 fortran subroutine dll import is not working

hyunil__jung
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I have a question about importing dll library in abaqus user subroutine.

I use abaqus 6.13-1, VS2012 and intell parallel studio XE 2013 to do some analysis.

But when I tried to use user subroutine that contains dll library, error is occured like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol setupconnection reference
d in function uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol UpdateMessageHeader refer
enced in function uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol Initialization referenced
 in function uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol UpdateCommand referenced
in function uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol UpdateSubtype referenced
in function uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol Command referenced in fun
ction uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol indicator referenced in f
unction uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SendData referenced in fu
nction uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol RecvData referenced in fu
nction uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol UpdateNumStep referenced
in function uel.R
IntSub.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol terminate referenced in f
unction uel.R
standardU.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
Abaqus Error: Problem during linking - Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines.
  This error may be due to a mismatch in the Abaqus user subroutine arguments.
  These arguments sometimes change from release to release, so user subroutines
  used with a previous release of Abaqus may need to be adjusted.
Abaqus/Analysis exited with errors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already put my .lib file in simple directory (C:\lib)

and I also added path of the .lib file in abaqus _v6.env but it's not working

Please help me !!! Give me any advice !!! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The image that you attached shows only a few variable declarations and a few interfaces. Where is the actual code of the subroutines? Which files did you compile before linking, what do they contain, and what was the linking command used?

I notice that the interface names specify BIND(C) and show external names that are all lower case or mixed case. The Intel Fortran compiler generates uppercase symbols in OBJ files for subprogram names, unless you use compiler options to make it do otherwise.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The image that you attached shows only a few variable declarations and a few interfaces. Where is the actual code of the subroutines? Which files did you compile before linking, what do they contain, and what was the linking command used?

I notice that the interface names specify BIND(C) and show external names that are all lower case or mixed case. The Intel Fortran compiler generates uppercase symbols in OBJ files for subprogram names, unless you use compiler options to make it do otherwise.

0 Kudos
hyunil__jung
Beginner

Hi. mecej4 ! 

Today, I fixed this problem by making new .lib file (for x64 bits)

But I really appreciate your apply :) 

0 Kudos
wang__xiaojun
Beginner

Hi hyunil,

I also encounter the same issue. Would you please tell me how you solved the problem?

How did you add path of the .lib file in abaqus _v6.env?

Thanks o lot

0 Kudos