Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

Additional Include Directories for the whole solution

Hermida__Francisco

Hello,

I have several Fortran projects in a solution (and more to come) and all of them need to include the same additional directory.

I can add this directory by hand in each project. But if I want to change the path of this directory, I have to change all projects.

Is there anyway to do this by a property file?

In normal Visual Studio C projects I use a .props file or the Directory.Build.props file. But I was not able to do that in fortran projects.

I would like to add this property 

<Tool Name="VFFortranCompilerTool"  (........)  AdditionalIncludeDirectories="..\includes_v1"   (......) />

Any idea?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

There isn't a way to do it for a solution, as Intel Fortran doesn't currently use the new "property pages" feature of MSVC. You can establish this for all Fortran projects using Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Tools > Visual Fortran > Compilers. Click on the ... button to the right of Includes to add your path. Note that you have to do this separately for Win32 and x64.

Hermida__Francisco
Thank you for the answer, Steve Have those options to be defined for each user (developer) in VisualStudio? As a workaround I have modified ifort.cfg to add the paths, so every user developing in the same machine can use it.
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Yes, they are specific to the user. Your use of ifort.cfg is a good approach.