Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28386 Discussions

Additional Include Directories for the whole solution

Hermida__Francisco

Hello,

I have several Fortran projects in a solution (and more to come) and all of them need to include the same additional directory.

I can add this directory by hand in each project. But if I want to change the path of this directory, I have to change all projects.

Is there anyway to do this by a property file?

In normal Visual Studio C projects I use a .props file or the Directory.Build.props file. But I was not able to do that in fortran projects.

I would like to add this property 

<Tool Name="VFFortranCompilerTool"  (........)  AdditionalIncludeDirectories="..\includes_v1"   (......) />

Any idea?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There isn't a way to do it for a solution, as Intel Fortran doesn't currently use the new "property pages" feature of MSVC. You can establish this for all Fortran projects using Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Tools > Visual Fortran > Compilers. Click on the ... button to the right of Includes to add your path. Note that you have to do this separately for Win32 and x64.

0 Kudos
Hermida__Francisco
Thank you for the answer, Steve Have those options to be defined for each user (developer) in VisualStudio? As a workaround I have modified ifort.cfg to add the paths, so every user developing in the same machine can use it.
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, they are specific to the user. Your use of ifort.cfg is a good approach.

0 Kudos