Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

After 2020 update 1: missing integration in MS VS 2019

Erik_T_1
Novice

After updating to Parallel Studio XE 2020 update 1 (from 2020)  i have no integration in Visual Studio 2019 anymore. I can't create new fortran projects (they ar nowhere to be seen (in the create new project dialog)) and VS cannot load already existing projects. I get the following error from Visual Studio 2019 version 16.5.4 when I try to reload a fortran project:

Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them. 
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
     - MyFortranProject, "C:\Users\me\source\repos\MySolution\MyFortranProject\MyFortranProject.vfproj"

Non-functional changes required
Visual Studio will automatically make non-functional changes to the following projects in order to enable them to open in Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1. Project behavior will not be impacted.
     - MySolution, "C:\Users\me\source\repos\MySolution\MySolution.sln"

I have tried to "Repair" installation both with the 2020 (no update) installation file as well as with the 2020 update 1 installation file.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I had this problem - solved it with an uninstall of Intel Parallel Studio 2020 and then a reinstall.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I had this problem - solved it with an uninstall of Intel Parallel Studio 2020 and then a reinstall.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I found that update 1 took 4 days to install -- it kept starting and stopping -- do as suggested it usually works

0 Kudos
Erik_T_1
Novice

Thanks Steve, that worked!

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I thought something was funny when the update 1 installer kept coming back, but I was looking at the program listing and there are two update 1 with different version numbers, anyone know what is happening? 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

John, PSXE 2020 Update 1 for Windows when it first appeared on March 30, 2020, had a problem than made installation super slow. A new download replaced that one on April 2, 2020. 

Hence, 

• March 30 --  2020.1.085
  • April 2 --  2020.1.086

The rest of the content remains the same, only the installer changed.  So, if you have 2020.1.085, there is no need to download again.

Thanks to Ron for doing the sleuthing!

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Barbara:  The automatic installer started trying to run after 085 was installed as I had done the install manually -- I could not understand why the installer kept starting and stopping over about 4 days -- finally it installed 

It was when I was looking at programs I noticed I had 3 versions, original 085 and 086.  

I was also interested on whether Intel had updated Fortran for the changes in the VS 2019 Preview 16.6, so I tried and yes you have fixed so latest Fortran runs with the preview. 

0 Kudos