Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26735 Discussions

ifort command not found in ubuntu 19.10

jyoti__jyoti
Beginner

I have installed paralled studio xe 2020 cluster edition in my laptop having OS ubuntu 19.10, but I am constantly getting the error :ifort command not found.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

In a command shell session, you need to "source" the Intel start-up script ifortvars.sh before attempting to use the Intel Fortran compiler. The details are in the file <install-dir>/documentation_2020/en/compiler_f/ps2020/get_started_lf.htm .

Sampson__Andrew
Beginner

The path to the command is probably not found in your "path" variable. I'm a user of the "c-shell" shell, so I have included the following in my .cshrc file (found in my home folder):

source /opt/intel/parallel_studio_xe_2020.1.102/bin/psxevars.csh intel64

If you're using the bash shell (default shell in Ubuntu), it should be something similar, but for the "*.sh" version of the variables script. The script contains the necessary environment variables to run the programs you just installed. After including the necessary line in your .cshrc (for c-shell) or .bashrc (bash shell), you'll need to "re-source" the file to load the new settings. Or just log out and log back in.

I hope this helps.

Andrew

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

Just out of interest what does the DABR stand for -- that is a new one on me.