Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

Downloading ifort for installation under Ubuntu

Schmalz__Sergei
Beginner
Hello! I desperately search for a possibility to download Intel's fortran compiler ifort (factually the Parallel Studio XE suite) for free to use it on my personal Ubuntu computer. I need it for absolutely private non-commercial use. Unfortunately, I dont qualify for either students or educators or open-source coders who may get it for free. Is there any other chance for me? Thanks for any help in advance!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Dear Sergei,

the Intel folks could comment better on this, but afaik there is no possibility to get a non-commercial license at the moment. However, you could participate in the beta evaluation program of the 2019 version of the compiler: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2019-beta

However, that program is only running for 4 or 5 more weeks and would then expire.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Intel withdrew the non-commercial license due to too much abuse. I keep hearing rumors it may reappear in a different form, but for now, Jürgen's advice is best.

oliveira__Cesar
Beginner

Hello S Sergei.

I have fortran intel 2013 and its non-commercial license. Works perfectly on new linux distributions. If you want I put in a googledrive link.

Att
César.

jyoti__jyoti
Beginner

Is there any ifort version that works on ubuntu 19.10? I tried parallel studio xe 2020 cluster edition but it doesn't work.