Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Downloading ifort for installation under Ubuntu

Schmalz__Sergei
Beginner
Hello! I desperately search for a possibility to download Intel's fortran compiler ifort (factually the Parallel Studio XE suite) for free to use it on my personal Ubuntu computer. I need it for absolutely private non-commercial use. Unfortunately, I dont qualify for either students or educators or open-source coders who may get it for free. Is there any other chance for me? Thanks for any help in advance!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Dear Sergei,

the Intel folks could comment better on this, but afaik there is no possibility to get a non-commercial license at the moment. However, you could participate in the beta evaluation program of the 2019 version of the compiler: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2019-beta

However, that program is only running for 4 or 5 more weeks and would then expire.

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Intel withdrew the non-commercial license due to too much abuse. I keep hearing rumors it may reappear in a different form, but for now, Jürgen's advice is best.

0 Kudos
oliveira__Cesar
Beginner

Hello S Sergei.

I have fortran intel 2013 and its non-commercial license. Works perfectly on new linux distributions. If you want I put in a googledrive link.

Att
César.

0 Kudos
jyoti__jyoti
Beginner

Is there any ifort version that works on ubuntu 19.10? I tried parallel studio xe 2020 cluster edition but it doesn't work. 

0 Kudos