Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

ifort command not found in ubuntu 19.10

jyoti__jyoti
Beginner

I have installed paralled studio xe 2020 cluster edition in my laptop having OS ubuntu 19.10, but I am constantly getting the error :ifort command not found.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

In a command shell session, you need to "source" the Intel start-up script ifortvars.sh before attempting to use the Intel Fortran compiler. The details are in the file <install-dir>/documentation_2020/en/compiler_f/ps2020/get_started_lf.htm .

0 Kudos
Sampson__Andrew
Beginner

The path to the command is probably not found in your "path" variable. I'm a user of the "c-shell" shell, so I have included the following in my .cshrc file (found in my home folder):

source /opt/intel/parallel_studio_xe_2020.1.102/bin/psxevars.csh intel64

If you're using the bash shell (default shell in Ubuntu), it should be something similar, but for the "*.sh" version of the variables script. The script contains the necessary environment variables to run the programs you just installed. After including the necessary line in your .cshrc (for c-shell) or .bashrc (bash shell), you'll need to "re-source" the file to load the new settings. Or just log out and log back in.

I hope this helps.

Andrew

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Just out of interest what does the DABR stand for -- that is a new one on me. 

0 Kudos