Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Array Visualizer + IVF 11.1 ?

hctsai
Beginner
Hi,

I used Compaq Visual Fortran+Array Visualizer formany years.
But I am new to IVF 11.1....

I have two questions about using IVF 11.1 + array visualizer....

1. Where can I download the latest version of Intel Array Visualizer ?
I found the link on the website is broken.
http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/226302.htm

2.Can IVF 11.1 work well with Array Visualizer withoutvisual studio standard/pro. edition (justinstallig the "shell" edition)?
And is thereaneasier way to have them worked togother?

Best,
HC
0 Kudos
42 Replies
Christ_F_
Beginner
The short story is that Array Visualizer was the work of a wonderful engineer, John Readey, who left Intel (his choice). At that time, management decided that it wasn't worth assigning another engineer to. Over the years, I've been trying to get people interested in AV and have found an engineering group willing to take it on, but management still doesn't think it's worth the resources, so the effort is stalled.

Array Visualizer was part of Digital/Compaq Visual Fortran Professional Edition, and was completely rewritten and improved as part of Intel Visual Fortran. It was never sold separately (there was a free "array viewer" download which lets you run applications that use AV but not develop new ones.) Note that not only is Array Visualizer integrated with the debugger, but it can be used on its own from Fortran, C++, VB and other languages. It also has support for HDF5.

I'd be happy to hear more from others of what Array Visualizer means to them and how they think it would benefit the product and Intel. Indeed, I've VERY recently been asked to collect such comments, so you've given me a good opening. Reply here or send me mail at steve.lionel at intel.com - it would be more helpful if you include your name and company/organization.

0 Kudos