Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Aspen User Kinetic Subroutine with Intel fortran compiler - Fortran divide by zero error

ayyappan__lakshmanan

Hello Everyone ,

I am currently working on implementing the kinetic reactions in Aspen plus for reactive distillation through user kinetic subroutine with Fortran Compiler 2017 and VS 14/2015 . After writing the code , compilation and linking the subroutine with ASPLINK procedure . During running the simulations in Aspen , I am encountering Severe error  - Fortran divide by zero encountered. Severe error - Fortran invalid operations encountered . I am doubtful if this is due to error in linking of the subroutine or error due to parameters not passing from Aspen to Fortran (due to coding errors)  .

Please can some one help me with this . Looking forward to hear from you.

With Regards,

Lakshmanan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Nobody here would be able to help with this given that we have no idea what your subroutine is doing. You will have to debug it - you can use the debugger or can add print statements to examine intermediate computations. Typically a zerodivide would result in a NaN - if you have compiled the Fortran code with the /fpe0 option, it might get a zerodivide on division by zero, But either way, division by zero is usually not intentional.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

add print statements to examine intermediate computations

This is a common feature in developing new code -- the print statements are usually the fastest way 

Trust me I do it a lot. 

0 Kudos