Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26750 Discussions

Can no longer see Fortran files after upgrade to 2017 update 5

Stephen_Painchaud

I am using VS 2015 on a solution with C#, C++ and Fortran projects. Today I just upgraded to Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 5 from Update 4. When I open a Fortran or C++ file it shows as blank in the VS editor. The C# files look OK. I have checked the files with a text editor and they still contain my code. If I compile a Fortran project it seems to compile correctly. It is very difficult to work with code I cant see! Any suggestions for fixing this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stephen_Painchaud

Well now I feel foolish because a reboot of the computer solved the problem, just restarting VS2015 was not enough. I have been using Visual Studio with the Intel Fortran Compiler for almost 10 years and this is the first time I have ever had a problem like this.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

We've seen this problem before with VS2015. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-fix-ms-vs2015-text-editor-is-blank-after-upgrading-intel-parallel-studio-xe