Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Can't change property setting

John_S_16
Beginner

I have Microsoft Visual Studio for Fortran. My operating system is Windows 10. I have a number of programs where I want to change a switch under fortran diagnostic. When I go to Project properties>Fortran>diagnostic, there are no longer switches there for me to check.

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

A screenshot of the page in question might help us help you. Make sure that you are looking at the properties for the Fortran project.

0 Kudos
John_S_16
Beginner

Thank you for getting back with me. A screen shot is included

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Did you by chance update (or install) MS VS after installing IVF?

If not, did you have administrator privileges when you installed/updated MS VS?

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's bizarre - what you're seeing ought to be what is displayed for Command Line. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Parallel Studio XE and see if that fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
John_S_16
Beginner

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Visual Fortran Compiler, Professional Edition  for Windows - Version 10

Upon returning to my code, I still find no available switches under Project Properties> Configuration Properties> any pick for any project.

I reinstalled as an administrator.

Any suggestions??

John S.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Was this an older project/solution?

If so, see what happens when you create a new Solution+Project (print *,"Hello")

If that gets the properties back, then re-create the Solution+Project(s) in different folders (you can open two IDE sessions if necessary)

I've had past experiences with VS updates that could only be fixed by re-creating the Solution (One with 13 projects and 750 source files).

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Ok, so now you've told us you're using the compiler version 10. Are you using the includes VS2005 Premier Partner Edition environment or some other VS version? Did you start VS2005 as Administrator? (That was required under Windows Vista and 7, VS2005 isn't officially supported in newer Windows versions.) There was also a set of updates Microsoft released to allow VS2005 to work on Vista, but I don't know if they're still available.

Please share a screenshot of the entire VS window when you are on a Fortran property page.

0 Kudos
John_S_16
Beginner

Because I am about to go on vacation, I have to suspend this query into my MS VS issues. I will be back at this in two weeks.

John

0 Kudos