Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28597 Discussions

Can't run DLL-using program in debug: can't access libmmdd.dll

warwickb
Beginner
Hi,
I am using Visual Studio to run a program - in debug - which uses a DLL file I've just created. I want to test that my DLL works. But I get an error message (see attached) saying that it couldn't be found in the specified path. I did a search of the forum for libmmdd and found a previous post on the topic - the relevant part is also in the attachment.

I have tried to reply to it but I don't know where my reply is now. The post said that to get access to libmmdd.dll it is necessary to put the relevant path into the PATH environment variable: 'Those files should be present in every installation of ifort 8.0, standard location program filesintelfortrancompiler80ia32lib'.

I note that I can run a test executable in the required directory from a different drive so that I presume my PATH environment variable is set correctly. I have even changed my LIB environment variable to point to the same directory - without any change to the message.

Hope you can help!!
Regards, Warwick
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Looking at the error message, I see you have a misplaced quote in the path for C:Program FilesIntelFortranCompiler80IA32BIN in that there's a " after Compiler80. Fix that and you should be ok.
0 Kudos
warwickb
Beginner
Hi,
The change didn't make any difference. I expected this to be the case since, as I had noted, I had previously tested the PATH.

So I thought I might start again. I thought I would try specifying the 'CVF' and 'After Individual string arguments' options for the Fortran/External Procedures compiler options but this only resulted in errors. So I got back to the situation where everything compiles and links but won't run in debug because for some reason it cannot find libmmdd.dll.

I've included text from the BuildLogs and the Visual Studio linker options in the attached file which also contains the same material as last time.

Regards, Warwick
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Whether or not the quote is ignored in DOS, it's incorrect in the PATH and you should fix it.

What specific version of the compiler do you have installed? 8.1.??? This problem could occur with older versions if you did not also have MSVC 6 installed, but that's fixed in recent versions.
0 Kudos
warwickb
Beginner
My apologies - I have now got rid of all quotes from the relevant PATH statement and it works. After your first reply I only took out the quotes from the variable I used as part of the path but then put the whole string in quotes. Have since spoken to a colleague and he explained that only when the DOS interpreter is required is it necessary to use quotes when spaces are in directory names. Obviously the DOS interpreter is not involved in this case.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards, Warwick
0 Kudos