Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Can't run in dos box

John_Campbell
New Contributor II
I have come back to run ifort after 8 months away, and find I can not get the compiler to link.
Unfortunately, I do not have exclusive control of my PC and some of the environment variables were missing (lib, include and the path to ...\\bin\\intel64) while other paths were still defined (...\\lib\\Intel64)
Both our IT department and Microsoft have a way of changing things with their automatic updates !!

I found the batch file ifortvars_intel64.bat and updated the variables listed and was able to compile with the command "ifort /c /source:test.f95 /free" producing test.obj
I then tried to link with "ifort test.obj /exe:test.exe"

This produced the error message :
ifort: error #10037: could not find 'link'

Is this information sufficient to identify where I should look for a fix?

I am runing Version 11.1 using a valid network license, although other users in our company have recently upgraded to Version 12, which has not been installed on my PC.
I assume the network license is valid as the compile step worked.

It's frustrating when I come back to a project and it won't restart. Probably I did not document this well enough the first time.

I'm hoping someone may see my error.

John

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
You need to use the Command Prompt in the Intel Visual Fortran entry in Start Programs. This has all of the paths set correctly.

David
0 Kudos
John_Campbell
New Contributor II
Fixed !!

I located a version of link.exe in visual studio 9.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64. Needed to add this to the path list, although I thought I did not use Visual Studio 9.0.
I note I do not have ifortvars_intel64.bat in my initial path list so I am not sure what my initial path and startup command should have been.

I hope that is all I needed.

John
0 Kudos
John_Campbell
New Contributor II
David,

Thanks for the advice. I had forgotten that first step.
I'll place a reminder on my workstation.
There goes another day.

John
0 Kudos