Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Can't run the program successfully after migrating from Compaq VF to Intel VF

FRESHIPALI_R_
Beginner

Hi!!

Recently I have been dealing with migrating  CVF project to IVF. I am afraid I have got some problems in doing so. I could not understand what were the problems and where they exists.

Even though I have eliminated the following errors in codes, I could not get the output properly.

Error    1     error #6631: A non-optional actual argument must be present when invoking a procedure with an explicit interface.   [PS_OUT]    F:\STOLCG_FAN\Ductloss.for    120    
Error    2     error #6631: A non-optional actual argument must be present when invoking a procedure with an explicit interface.   [TS_OUT]    F:\STOLCG_FAN\Ductloss.for    120    
Error    6     error #7836: If the actual argument is scalar, the corresponding dummy argument shall be scalar unless the actual argument is an element of an array that is not an assumed-shape or pointer array, or a substring of such an element.   [YTAB]    F:\STOLCG_FAN\POWRQI.FOR    256    
Error    3    Compilation Aborted (code 1)    F:\STOLCG_FAN\Ductloss.for    1    
Error    7    Compilation Aborted (code 1)    F:\STOLCG_FAN\POWRQI.FOR    1    

For the first two errors (1,2), I have found out there were misplaced arguments in calling another subroutine statements.

For the error 6, i have just declared the corresponding dummy argument TM2I as DIMENSION TM2I (1) in called subroutine as same as the actual argument declared as DIMENSION YTAB (1) in Function Subprogram.

I am not sure whether these changes are right or wrong. Please guide me with these. Please note that I have found out these errors when I was debugging enabled with Diagnostics> Check Routine Interfaces. Also I have got no errors and issues when I was debugging with disabled this option. However I could not get the output!!

Also please note that these codes and projects works well in compaq visual fortran compiler in Windows XP. Now I am using Intel Visual Fortran compiler in Windows 8 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. If there might be a problem in using IVF in windows 8, please let me know.

But I have got no issues in project which has been recently converted from CVF to IVF and got the outputs successfully plus no changes in values too.

Looking forward to any help!!

Infinity Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies