Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot install Parallel Studio 2018

Brian_A_
Novice

I am getting a Checksum error when unpacking the PS2018 download.  If I try doing the install where I choose what components I want, it brings up the splash screen and then goes away and I get nothing. I have tried 2018 and the update 1 for 2018 and I get the same problem on both.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Brian_A_
Novice

Still need help with this.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

They used to publish file size and CRC-32 checksum information for the Parallel Studio installers, for example, https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2017-checksums . I cannot find similar data for the current version.

Are you unpacking it yourself, in preparation for offline or silent installation, or are you executing the installer directly?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

In the past I have suggested deleting the downloaded file, clearing the browser cache, and downloading again. Intel offers both an "online installer" and a full download - whichever one you tried before, try the other.

0 Kudos
Brian_A_
Novice

I have tried the full download or the minimal one.  I have unpacked it manually and just let it run.  Non if it works. Keep get an error.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Try temporarily disabling any anti-malware program you have running and then try an install. It is possible you have some other process that is corrupting the files.

0 Kudos
Brian_A_
Novice

I still cannot install 2018.  I just downloaded the 2018 update 2 and it won't install either.  I can install it just fine on other computers.

0 Kudos
Brian_A_
Novice

Hello

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

At this point I suggest submitting a support request to https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US Check your Windows event log to see what it reports for the reason the installer closed, if it does.

You never said what you meant by "get an error", though.

0 Kudos