Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28694 Discussions

Cannot install parallel_studio_xe_2018_update4_composer_edition_for_fortran on windows 11

Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Dear all, 

When i ty to install parallel_studio_xe_2018_update4_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup on my windows 11.

It extract ok and then starts the following dialog and then stops without an error.

Le_Callet__Morgan_M_0-1690980929672.png

Many thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

You should use the latest ONAPI compiler for Fortran, they are free and represent the latest bug kills. 

It is a trivial install for Visual Studio 2022, do not use the preview version, Intel are close but they still have bugs in the VSIX system on the preview. Trust me the pain is not worth the whiskey.  

Then install the base and the hpc and the 32 bit base and you will have a system that works.  

0 Kudos
Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Thanks I wish i could but we still have live product using that version of the compiler I cannot upgrade right now: we have started using OneApi but the migration has not completed yet.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

That compiler is not supported on Windows 11. That can be inferred from this article.

0 Kudos
Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Dear all, many thanks.

0 Kudos