Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot install student license

WSinc
New Contributor I

I am not sure what forum is supposed to answer this question.

Its supposed to check to see if you have an E-mail at the college where you are  attending,

but I dont see anywhere where that info can be entered.

so I cannot install the student license

who can answer this question ?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

To apply for a student license of Intel Parallel Studio XE for Windows, start at https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2871 

Once you are granted a license, if you have issues installing it you must open a case at the Intel Online Support Center. (This is the only way Intel is answering licensing questions for now.)

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I cant use that link -

it says it does NOT have an email address,

and there is NO WAY to enter that info.

Can you refer me to someone who can answer this question ?

I will pay for support, if need be.

Try clicking on that yourself, you will see what I mean.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I did click on it before I replied. The first page asks you to agree to qualifications. When you submit that (assuming you qualify), you're brought to a page that asks for your contact details:

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Billl, I have sent your student license file to your college email. Please check your college email inbox for email with Serial number, license file and Download link. It is valid for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows*  till 9/24/2019.

You do not need to enter your college email when running the installation of Parallel Studio XE 2019, only the Serial Number.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Sorry, but when I log in to my LACCD student portal, I dont see any E-mails from you.

That is the one the college has me use:.

SINCWS7093@student.youcollege.edu

If it didnt bounce back, GOD knows where it went.

What E-mail address did you send it to ?

I am trying to access this from my home desktop setup

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

i SENT an e-mail to my college e-mail, and it arrived.

I also sent a reply back, which I got on my home computer.

It would be helpful to INTEL customers, if someone would explain how this process is supposed to work.

we are left totally clueless. 

BTW ,the college E-mail I gave you is the same one we used last september.

If Devorah can give me his/her e-mail address, I can send a test E-mail from my college

I think a large pct of the college students will use a home computer when they use college E-mail addresses.

Especially if they are going to INSTALL your development product there.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

it went to the email address associated with your student license in the system sincws6093@student.youcollege.edu

(unless the email address in the system is invalid) 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

There is another email address as well -  sincws7093@at.yourcollege.

Email with serial number, license file and download link was sent to that email address as well.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please use "example.edu" rather than making up your own fake domain. It is reserved for this purpose (similarly example.com and example.org).

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I got your e-mail, but I still cannot download anything.

When I click on that link I just get a THANK YOU page.

So where do I go to actually GET THE SOFTWARE ?

When I go to the products page it show my active licenses, but none of them are the student license.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

another thing that confuses this is - -  that it insists upon my starting a new account. (I already have an account)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Bill, how have you been using Intel Fortran for so many years without knowing how to install it? Go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/ and log in using the credentials you use for this forum. Register the serial number you were sent at that site. You'll then be given download links.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If Bill S. has more than one user-id/account registered with Intel, he will need to be careful not to cross-link serial numbers with them when requesting software, registering software or seeking service related to that software.

The page at registrationcenter.intel.com has a dual function, apparently, and that fact can lead to confusion. If someone has obtained a serial number for the first time, that person would enter that number and a (previously unused?) email address on the left side. 

On the other hand, if one has already registered with Intel, it would be sufficient to click on "sign in" on the right side. I find myself doing that more often than registering a serial number, just to see which updates are currently available (the latest, or sometimes the oldest).

Bill probably has several serial numbers registered under his old (veteran Fortran user) user-id. The student version, however, is probably associated with his new "tyro" user-id.

0 Kudos