Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort**

Sairam_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I have attached source for a simple program that returns an Internal Compiler Error with XE 12.1.0.233 [Intel(R) 64]  due to  Line 310: HelloWorld3Ret = HelloWorld3(HelloWorld3Input). Comment this out, and build is fine. I am using this with Visual Studio 2010. I am trying to implement a callback function, internal to the main program, that calls procedure inside a C DLL that was loaded in the main program. I thought that scope of variables in the main program extended to internal functions such as the one I have? My understanding may be incorrect here, but with the Compiler Error, I am a little stuck. I am unable to attach the DLL, but could send it to you if that helps. 

I would appreciate your help here. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Just a quick check (I don't have a 12.x compiler readily available) the code as presented compiles and runs (I presume as expected - see below) with our current 17.0 release so it doesn't appear there is a coding issue. If we can reproduce the internal error then perhaps a work around can be found. I assume you are intentionally using this older 12.x compiler, but if you could upgrade, that is advised and would allow you to move forward.

$ ifort u724118.f90
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 17.0.1.143 Build 20161005
Copyright (C) 1985-2016 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.00.23026.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

-out:u724118.exe
-subsystem:console
u724118.obj

$ .\u724118.exe

Loading HelloWorld DLL

Value of handle returned = 0
Error while loading Hello World DLL: The specified module could not be found.

Format message failed for status 0000007E while loading Hello World DLL: error status = 0000007E

0 Kudos