Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Coarrays on distributed memory

paul_romano
Beginner
I am interested in running a program using coarrays on distributed memory. It is my understanding that in order to do so, one needs to have Intel Cluster Toolkit installed. Is the Intel Cluster Toolkit available in a free non-commercial version? I'm also curious as to why the Cluster Toolkit is necessary at all when an implementation of Intel MPI (based on MPICH2) is installed anyway even when you're running a program with coarrays on shared memory. Will this situation change in the future, or can users expect that in order to run a coarray program on distributed memory, they will have to purchase the Intel Cluster Toolkit in addition to the Fortran compiler itself?
Best regards,
Paul
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We have no plans to change the requirement of a license for Intel Cluster Toolkit in order to build a distributed coarray application. Intel Cluster Toolkit is not available under a free non-commercial license, but it is available as part of the Student Suite at very low cost.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We have no plans to change the requirement of a license for Intel Cluster Toolkit in order to build a distributed coarray application. Intel Cluster Toolkit is not available under a free non-commercial license, but it is available as part of the Student Suite at very low cost.
0 Kudos