Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

Compilation Aborted (code 1) Error

JunieJunieZ
Beginner
I got this error message when running a fortran program by using Visual Studio 2012 and Intel Visual Fortran 13 SP1. Others have replicated it using the code that I provide, but I got this error message without making any changes to the program. The error message is 'compilation aborted (code 1)' and refers to 1st line of each source file.
I attach the fortran program, data and the buildLog file. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I find that the 11.1 compiler experiences an ICE when used on your source file.

However, the 15.0.7.287 and later versions compile your two programs without problems.

I ran your Source program, and it generated a number of output files.

When I tried to follow up by running the Console1 program, that program stopped because some of the expected input data files were not provided (e.g., "nobs.txt", "deflator.txt").

Some of your source lines extend beyond 132 columns, and that feature may inhibit the use of other compilers to compile your code.

I recommend that you use the status = 'old' clause in the file OPEN statements in Console1.f90 for those files that are expected to exist and are intended to be read. If you leave out that clause, for each such file the RTL will create a zero length file with the specified name, and any subsequent reads from the file will of course fail.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

An internal compiler error is always an Intel fault which should be reported through the support centre.

However, you are using a very old version of Visual Fortran.  It is highly likely that this fault has already been resolved in a newer version.  You should update your version of Visual Fortran and retest your code.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I find that the 11.1 compiler experiences an ICE when used on your source file.

However, the 15.0.7.287 and later versions compile your two programs without problems.

I ran your Source program, and it generated a number of output files.

When I tried to follow up by running the Console1 program, that program stopped because some of the expected input data files were not provided (e.g., "nobs.txt", "deflator.txt").

Some of your source lines extend beyond 132 columns, and that feature may inhibit the use of other compilers to compile your code.

I recommend that you use the status = 'old' clause in the file OPEN statements in Console1.f90 for those files that are expected to exist and are intended to be read. If you leave out that clause, for each such file the RTL will create a zero length file with the specified name, and any subsequent reads from the file will of course fail.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

You can add an error loop in the read statements to print out which one is failing 

I must apologize to David White, when I was humorously making up the list of Titans - I forget you as the sixth. 

Remember the mugs -- i still have mine 

We should do another mug _ 

when LISP, C and Forth fail - so will Fortran? 

0 Kudos