Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Compiler documentation broke 2017

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Installed Parallel Studio XE 2017 Cluster Edition on Windows 7 Pro x67, with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (aka 2012 update 4).

Launching Visual Studio, creating a Hello World Fortran program, builds and runs OK.

Issue with documentation. From MS VS

Help | Intel Compilers and Libraries | Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Documentation

This brings up an Internet Explorer window with the familiar [Contents][Index][Search] buttons in upper left corner.

Clicking on [Index] brings up the index just fine. Clicking on any entry, takes me to that entry....

However the left pane containing  [Contents][Index][Search] buttons is now missing. Using the Back does not return the prior screen (with the buttons) but rather leads to

Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 17.0 Developer Guide and Reference...

The remaining links are all by topic TOC three thing.

Preserve the  [Contents][Index][Search] pane on the left side?

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Can't edit OP.

... TOC tree thing....

How do I Preserve the  [Contents][Index][Search] pane on the left side?

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Must be an MS IE compatibility issue (IE 11.0.9600.18426, update 11.0.34 KB3175443)

Copying the URL file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/IntelSWTools/documentation_2017/en/compiler_f/common/core/index.htm#GUID-0651BA8C-C88F-439D-AB59-A7537AD5C8C0.html

into Mozilla Firefox preserves the left pane.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

It works ok for me in IE11 as well (accessing C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\documentation_2017\en\compiler_f\common\core\index.htm in IE, as my default browser is set to Chrome.)

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Don't know why IE has problems on my system. Could be a, or a lack of, plug-in??

I will use Mozilla to browse the documents. At some point I will have to migrate to Windows 10 (11??, but I am holding off for 13).

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There's no plugins used, though if you use IE in its high security mode, it may disallow JavaScript without asking you.

0 Kudos