Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

Compiler driver / backend version mismatch: 1010 != 1100

shuzz
Beginner
Dear all,

I have de following error:

Compiler driver / backend version mismatch:1010 != 1100
Be sure compiler driver and backend programs are in the same directory.
end

I just have intallledfortran compiler 10.1 and 11.0 on my xeon pc. but after finding my 10.1 version only included IA32, I uninstalled it. Therefore only 11.0 on my pc now.
Thanks you very much
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee
The error does suggest the ifort 10.1 driver invoked the fortcom 11.0 executable. It is unclear how that came about. Perhaps you performed some sort of custom installation.

It is probably best to just uninstall all the Intel compilers and only re-install the 11.0 release again since it sounds like that is the release of interest.
0 Kudos
shuzz
Beginner
The error does suggest the ifort 10.1 driver invoked the fortcom 11.0 executable. It is unclear how that came about. Perhaps you performed some sort of custom installation.

It is probably best to just uninstall all the Intel compilers and only re-install the 11.0 release again since it sounds like that is the release of interest.

I have uninstalled all the Intel compilers and visual studio 2005. Then I reintalled visual studio 2005, intel fortran 11.0. There is some problems for the integration of VF into VS2005 on my computer. I have used a program RepairVS05integration given by Steve Lionel to fix it.

However the problem still exists. I have tried to modify the enviroment variables.
I found if I only set
PATH %IFORT_COMPILER11%libIntel64;%IFORT_COMPILER11%libia32;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.0�66fortranmklem64tbin;%IFORT_COMPILER11%includeIntel64;%IFORT_COMPILER11%binIntel64;%IFORT_COMPILER11%mklem64t;

the following message is given

ifort: error #10255: Microsoft compiler version 6.0 or earlier is not supported

If I add
C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 8VCbin;
to PATH

then the following message is given,

Compiler driver / backend version mismatch: 1010 != 1100
Be sure compiler driver and backend programs are in the same directory.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you are using command line, this doesn't bear directly on whether you had a problem with VS integration.
For command line operation, you should be using the window which ifort installation puts in the Start menu (or the ifortvars.bat to which it is a shortcut). If you have VC6 or another version of ifort present (both of which appear to be the case), and you don't get the PATH search order right, you see the problems. It's better to remove all Intel compilers from your Windows PATH setup and use the .bat files or their Start menu shortcuts.
0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Tim is right. Even if you were using a generic command-prompt, I am not sure that would produce the error. I cannot produce the error under a generic command-prompt window and setting the path as you indicate. With the settings you indicate, matching 11.0 frontend/backend components are found even under the generic command-prompt.

Perhaps there is a rogue ifort 10.1 only somewhere on your system in a path appearing ahead of the 11.0 ifort path entries you indicated setting.

Try performing a file search on your system starting at the top-level C: drive for all files containing the name ifort

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Your PATH has some strange things in it, such as the IA32 compiler "lib" folder. I agree with Kevin - use the Build Environment shortcut.
0 Kudos