Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28701 Discussions

Compiles Successful but unable to debugg

xxxroxxxx
Beginner

Hi, I'm using intel fortran visual studio xe 2013 with visual studio 2012. I'm able to successfully compile my program, however I cannot start the debugging. It automatically exits with message: The program '[11156] ID.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0). How to solve this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Can you debug a "Hello World" program?

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
xxxroxxxx
Beginner

Hi! 

For the hello world program. Same case happens. Compiles successfully but cannot be debugged. STill: The program '[26856] Sample.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

What seems to be the problem? I checked with the integration packages and seems that they are installed and seen in the folder paths. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

For Fortran programs, you must set a breakpoint at an executable statement (such as the first one in the program). If you don't do this, then when you "start debugging", the program will execute until completion and then exit. For C++ programs, Visual Studio knows how to start at the beginning of the program but, despite years of our asking Microsoft for this, it doesn't do so for Fortran.

0 Kudos
xxxroxxxx
Beginner

Thanks! worked like magic.

0 Kudos