Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Compiling Error: "Can't open file x64/Release/myfile.obj to write"?

Nan_Deng
Beginner

I got a weird error in updating my programs. The programs have been compiled before and the set up didn't change. But now I cannot compile, not even modify the code. Trying to re-compile the original program give me the message "Error: Can't open file x64/Release/myfile.obj to write", but the file is there and is not write-protected. What is the cause of the error and how can I fix it?  Is there any part of compiler crushed/damaged/virus infected? How can I repair it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

It's likely just an ordinary windows file busy lock

0 Kudos
Nan_Deng
Beginner

It is possible. However, I tried to reboot the machine twice. stopped all other jobs, (99% of RAM and 200GB of HD available), disconnect from network, and re-run the original installation for repair.  After all those, I still cannot edit the source and save the file, and when I tried to recompile it still failed (The same profile compiles perfectly a while ago).  Do you think this is a windows problem or compiler problem?  When I deleted the old myfile.obj files, the compiler gave another error " Error #7001: fail to create the myfile.obj file". Funny thing is, it can create the obj files for some subroutines, but not for others.  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You can't save the source file? It is almost certainly a problem with your Windows system and not the compiler. Do you have an antivirus program you could try stopping temporarily? Sometimes these interfere with builds.

0 Kudos