Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Congrats and many thanks, Intel, for version 15!

FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Congratulations and many thanks to ALL Intel staff who worked on Intel Visual Fortran 15 version.  IMHO, Intel Fortran 15 is simply super and splendid!  Honestly, it makes our code "sing and dance"!

On a more serious note, version 15 offers me everything I'd want from the Fortran 2003 standard plus it resolves and optimizes outstanding issues with previous implementations of many Fortran 2003 and 2008 features.  All in all, a major advancement.

Just as I communicated to my management at work this week, I wholeheartedly recommend everyone to consider upgrading to Intel Fortran 15 if they have the opportunity.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you FortranFan for the kind words!

It was nice to see first thing Monday morning ... :-D

I'll be sharing this post with our team at the Tuesday meeting, and give everyone a quick boost.

Hope we can keep you delighted!

--Lorri

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I was going to mention that one of my test programs suddenly began to work with this version, but it would be more topical on the MIC forum, as it's an example of omp target.

0 Kudos