Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Create a shared library with ifort in Windows

pacobraxe
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to create a shared library with ifort in Windows.

The only information I found is related to Linux and OS X: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/691876

Best,

Paco

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Are you asking about creating a Linux shared library (.so) using the Windows Fortran compiler?

The concept of a shared library on Windows is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and you can create a DLL for Windows with ifort. There is a DLL sample available here if interested.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Are you asking about creating a Linux shared library (.so) using the Windows Fortran compiler?

The concept of a shared library on Windows is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and you can create a DLL for Windows with ifort. There is a DLL sample available here if interested.

0 Kudos
pacobraxe
Beginner

Thank you Kevin,

I wanted to create a dynamic library but I was searching the "Linux term"!

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Ah ok. Also check out Using Intel® Visual Fortran to Create and Build Windows*-Based Applications which includes a specific topic on Creating and Using DLLs.

0 Kudos