Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26733 Discussions

Create a shared library with ifort in Windows

pacobraxe
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to create a shared library with ifort in Windows.

The only information I found is related to Linux and OS X: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/691876

Best,

Paco

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Are you asking about creating a Linux shared library (.so) using the Windows Fortran compiler?

The concept of a shared library on Windows is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and you can create a DLL for Windows with ifort. There is a DLL sample available here if interested.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Are you asking about creating a Linux shared library (.so) using the Windows Fortran compiler?

The concept of a shared library on Windows is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and you can create a DLL for Windows with ifort. There is a DLL sample available here if interested.

View solution in original post

pacobraxe
Beginner

Thank you Kevin,

I wanted to create a dynamic library but I was searching the "Linux term"!

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Ah ok. Also check out Using Intel® Visual Fortran to Create and Build Windows*-Based Applications which includes a specific topic on Creating and Using DLLs.