Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28454 Discussions

DFORRT.DLL supports XP home edition?

brb36641
Beginner
Hello, please, someone helps me to solve problem as follows.
My software made by fortran does not run under Windows XP home edition.
Error message said DFORRT.DLL(6.6.913.106,6.6 - 913 (Update B) )runs not normall .
This phenomenon occasionally is happen and the message appears.
By the way, same program always runs normally under Windows XP Professioinal edition.
Does someone have information to solve this problem or hint?
Let me know it as soon as possible.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I am not aware of any such issues. What does the error message actually say (exact and complete text)?
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We sawthisproblem a while ago when we used Compac Visual Fortran. The origin of the problem back then was that thefile dforrt.dll wasrequired when running a Fortran DLL made by Compac Visual Fortran. We resolved the problem by sendingdforrt.dll with our application. You should find the dforrt.dllthat comes with your compiler andput it in the same folder as the dll you have made. Other DLL's may or may not be needed too - if you find which DLL's are required, put them all in the same folder as your application.

I hope this works,

Lars Petter Endresen

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
True - if your application or DLL is linked against DFORRT.DLL, you need that DLL present when running on a system, any system, that does not have CVF installed. This is not particular to XP Home.
0 Kudos
brb36641
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you very much for suggestions.I will try to installCVFor copy DFORRTL.dll file on sameposition of myapplication.

0 Kudos
brb36641
Beginner
Hello,
I am trying to solve this issue and am not aware of any other DFORR.DLL file newer thanmine isthere. Pleaelet memakesure.
Thanks.
0 Kudos