Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28593 Discussions

Debugger won't stop in CVF DLL called from VBA

durisinm
Novice
I am working with CVF 6.6B standard on a Windows 98 computer with Excel 97. Yesterday I was frustrated because I couldn't get the CVF debugger to stop inside a debug configuration Fortran DLL called from Excel VBA. I think that I've done this before without problems.

I set EXCEL.EXE (with the appropriate path prefix) as the program for the debugger to run. When I would press F5 to start, then VS always told me that the breakpoint I had set at the first executable line in the DLL was disabled. Excel would start up, and I would switch to VBA and make the call to the DLL, but the CVF debugger would never get control.

The only workaround I could figure out was to deliberately put a divide by zero as the first statement in the DLL code and change the default exception handling to give me control when that executed. I shouldn't have to do that, should I? What did I miss?

By the way, is there any difference in these situations between starting a debug session by pressing F5 versus CTRL+F5?

Mike
0 Kudos
0 Replies