Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Determining if the Intel Fortran Redistributables are already installed

Tim_R_
Beginner

Hello,

we are distributing software built with the Intel Fortran 2017 Compiler, Update 4.

As we use dynamic runtimes, we have to install the redistributables on the user's PC, which are found here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributables-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2017-composer-edition-for-windows

1. For a silent install, I found that the switches "/quiet /qn" as specified in the provided link do not really work - we are now using "/quiet /passive /norestart". Are those "correct"?
  2. Is there any possibility to determine whether the redistributables are already installed beforehand? Like some registry value, existence of a specific DLL, ...? Or should I always just start the installer?

Thank you,

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tim_R_
Beginner

When automatically installing the Fortran Redistributables on a user's PC, I get an error code 1603: the specified account already exists.

I attached the log, which I produced with the /log log.txt switch.

The Redistributables are already installed on the PC - maybe this is the problem?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos