Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

DisableProcessWindowsGhosting function

garylscott1
Beginner

Is there a problem with this prototype in user32.f90?  The MS documentation indicate that the function name includes an s after the word part "window", but this prototype does not.  I'm getting a link error.

subroutine DisableProcessWindowGhosting () bind(C,name="DisableProcessWindowGhosting")
    !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES STDCALL :: DisableProcessWindowGhosting
end subroutine DisableProcessWindowGhosting

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648415(v=vs.85).aspx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Try:

Copy the interface from user32, paste into your PROGRAM/SUBROUTINE that calls it, add the 's', see if it compiles and links (then test to see if it runs as expected). I'd suggest not editing the user32 copy at this time. Rather create a module to contain the fixes. Example: user32_fixes.f90 this way the changes are documented and when installing updates, you can verify if fix made it into the distribution.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
garylscott1
Beginner

Yes thanks. I had already done that.  It works fine with the modification.

jimdempseyatthecove wrote:

Try:

Copy the interface from user32, paste into your PROGRAM/SUBROUTINE that calls it, add the 's', see if it compiles and links (then test to see if it runs as expected). I'd suggest not editing the user32 copy at this time. Rather create a module to contain the fixes. Example: user32_fixes.f90 this way the changes are documented and when installing updates, you can verify if fix made it into the distribution.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Given that it is a bind(c) interface it will be a new one added in  PSXE 17.0 so it is more likely to have a problem than one that has been there years and picked over by lots of people. Some of these interfaces probably hardly ever get used IMO.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Sorry about that. Kevin, please escalate this to the RTL folks.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for reporting this. I notified Development to have this corrected in a future update/release.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200419409)

0 Kudos