Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Document windows do not reopen when solution is loaded

AONym
New Contributor II

When a solution is closed, or VS shut down, and the solution is reloaded, or VS restarted, it is supposed to open the document windows that were open when the solution was closed. In April 2016, this feature stopped working, but only on systems which had Parallel Composer XE Fortran installed. The windows fail to be reopened for projects which are Fortran/C++ or just C++. I submitted a support request (02547495), but have not gotten any constructive response from Intel. This bug is still present in XE 2017 u 2. System is 64-bit Windows 7 Pro and Visual Studio 2015 u 3.

Am I the only one having this issue? Any suggestions for fixes?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I'm sorry you have not received a constructive response. I will ping the assigned Support person regarding the issue.

I took a quick look on a system with VS 2015 Update 2 and the PSXE 2017 Update 2, where I have Fortran and C++ Composer installed (so not exactly matching your setup from what I'm reading) and I don't see the issue with Fortran only or C++ only solutions. One document window not re-opened in my case was a build log but source files reopened.

0 Kudos