Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Does latest upgrade to Visual Studio 2019 break functionality for Intel Fortran?

Scott_Begg
Beginner

Microsoft just posted an upgrade to Visual Studio 2019, it has been upgraded to version 16.11.15. The latest upgrade to Visual Studio 2022 broke the functionality of Intel Fortran. Does anyone know if the latest upgrade to Visual Studio 2019 breaks the functionality of Intel Fortran?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

No from what I have seen - I am running it at the moment instead of VS 2022.  

0 Kudos
Scott_Begg
Beginner

John, thanks for the reply/info. I upgraded my Visual Studio 2022 to the latest last week and experienced the breaking of the Intel Fortran functionality. I just wanted to have some confidence before I upgrade Visual Studio 2019 to the latest that Intel Fortran will still work OK.

0 Kudos
van_der_merwe__ben
New Contributor I

I am running up to date Visual Studio 2019 version 16.11.15 with integrated Intel Fortran, and no issues for me. Do note that I have multiple Visual Studio and Intel Fortran versions. I also experienced the incompatibility Intel Fortran 2022 has with Visual Studio 2022 version 17.2. I hope Intel releases a new version of Intel Fortran 2022 to address that soon, please (as I need the profiler fix in 17.2 but alas no Fortran in that one).

0 Kudos