Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Double Clicking Find Results

jack2927
Beginner
This is a strange one. If I do a search for something ( for example JBW) the results appear in the Find Results window along with the filename and path. A double click on the line will open the file and go to the entry in the file. However if the searched item is on a line that is commented out ( via a '!' ) then I get an error: "The system can not find the file specified". Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
onkelhotte
New Contributor II
Quoting - jack2927
This is a strange one. If I do a search for something ( for example JBW) the results appear in the Find Results window along with the filename and path. A double click on the line will open the file and go to the entry in the file. However if the searched item is on a line that is commented out ( via a '!' ) then I get an error: "The system can not find the file specified". Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Jumping to a found ! line works fine for me.

Which version of OS, VS and IVF to do use? Maybe this gives a hint. I use XP SP2 with VS2008 and IVF11.0.072

Markus
0 Kudos
jack2927
Beginner
Quoting - onkelhotte

Jumping to a found ! line works fine for me.

Which version of OS, VS and IVF to do use? Maybe this gives a hint. I use XP SP2 with VS2008 and IVF11.0.072

Markus

I am using XP SP2, VS2008 and IVF 10.1.3440.2008

I have done some more digging and found that it isnt specifically a commented line...it is when I try to open a SECOND file. If more than one file is open, then it generates this error.

On another related note, if I try to dbl click a file in the solution explorer I get a library not registered error. Again this error occurs when there is already a file open. In other words, only one file can be open at a time. This is very aggravating !
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I can't reproduce either error on my system.
0 Kudos