Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26733 Discussions

Elder .vfproj incompatible / Problems after installation of IPSXE 2020 Update 4 in VS2019

joerg_kuthe
Novice

A customer reported problems with the installation of the most recent version of IPSXE 2020 Update 4 (Fortran, Windows; 2020.4.311). So I tried myself.

My system: Win10 Home, VS2019 16.7.7installed.
After a bit of an installation odyssee I finally had both VS2019 updates and Intel Fortran updates installed.
I can create new VF projects in VS2019, however some (not all) .vfproj/.sln I created in VS2019 with VF2019 this year, don't load anymore. They are marked "incompatible".

F00Format2020_incompatible.png

I have attached an example (.zip).

Any idea, what's wrong here?

Jörg Kuthe
(working for Intel Elite Resellers qtsoftware.de and polyhedron.com)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

There is a hidden folder named .vs - delete it. This contains a .suo file (a few levels down) that appears to be corrupted. You can safely delete this - VS will recreate it. When I did that, the project opened.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

There is a hidden folder named .vs - delete it. This contains a .suo file (a few levels down) that appears to be corrupted. You can safely delete this - VS will recreate it. When I did that, the project opened.

View solution in original post

joerg_kuthe
Novice

Yes, deleting the .suo file solves the problem.
Thank you Steve.

Jörg