Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Equivalent DFWIN module on intel fortran for macOS system

Amina
Beginner

I'm trying to compile old CVF code using intelfortran on macOS system, my question is :

Is there any equivalent DFWIN module on macOS intelfortran to respond to the same function

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

DFWIN/IFWIN provide interfaces to the underlying OS services. Unless you are running Windows, those services do not exist; or, they are substantially different from corresponding services in Windows.

I do not have a Mac, so I cannot tell you if there is an IFMAC or some such interface to OSX. Look in the compiler's include/<architecture> directory.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Intel does not provide any OS interface modules on Linux or MacOS, partly because those OSes don't offer a standard and documented API that is accessible from Fortran. 

If you'd tell us which specific functions you'd like to use, perhaps we can suggest alternatives.

0 Kudos
Amina
Beginner

Thank you for your answers,

Well Steve, the reason why I do need DFwin is to Create frame windows with a menu bar at the top.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Check out Winteracter.

0 Kudos