Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error 8284 and 6633 in V18 compiler

BAKER__MYLES
Beginner

I am compiling legacy code, and running into errors 8284 and 6633, as many others have as well.  This is 40 year old code, and I have 559 of these errors, so editing the source code is not an option.  I see on the forum that in V12, it was possible to turn off these errors by setting Properties/Fortran/Diagnostics/Check Routine Interfaces to "No" (the default, I guess, used to be "Yes".

In V18 (at least as installed on my system), the default is already "No", so there is nothing to disable to get this to compile and link.  Has this option moved in later versions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, it hasn't moved. Please ZIP the buildlog.htm from a failed build and attach it to a reply here so we can take a look.

0 Kudos
BAKER__MYLES
Beginner

Hi Steve, thanks in advance for the help.

I have attached a screenshot of the properties/diagnostics page, and the build log as well.

Best regards,

Myles

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The property page may have the Check Routine Interfaces option set to No, but something else is turning it on as your compiles all have /warn:interfaces in the command line. Check the Fortran > Command Line page. If nothing helps, please ZIP the .vfproj file and attach it here.

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

The screenshot is for the Release configuration, and your buildlog is from building in the Debug configuration.

By default, the Debug configuration has all diagnostics and (most of) the run-time checks enabled.

--Lorri

0 Kudos