Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error Loading libmpifort.so.12

Eker__Ali
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to run my executable (PDES Simulator - ROSS) on a cluster and I add the module mpich/ge/gcc/64/3.2rc2 for mpi support.

But I got "while loading shared libraries: libmpifort.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error.

It looks like I need Fortran support but I do not see any Fortran library on my $PATH and "which libmpifort.so.12" gives me no such library message.

Which module should I add for libmpifort.so.12 ?

Thank you very much and sorry for the long and possibly unrelated details.

Sincerely,

Ali.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I think that libmpifort.so is part of the MPICH2 package. It isn't part of Intel Fortran.

0 Kudos
Eker__Ali
Beginner

Hello sir,

I understand, so is mpich/ge/gcc/64/3.2rc2 not supposed to have libmpifort.so then ? Or should I load some other module for that maybe ?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Ali.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I don't know what various MPICH packages are supposed to have, though the name of the one you mention includes "gcc" so I surmise it is not intended for use with Intel compilers. I'm just going by the name and have not studied MPICH packages in detail. You might get more responses in the "Clustering Technologies" forum here, since it is not an Intel Fortran product issue.

0 Kudos
Eker__Ali
Beginner

I understand sir, thank you.

0 Kudos