Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Error: Product support for (My) (Comp-FW) license has expired.

TonyRichards
Novice

Hi All, Hi Steve!

Im a retiree and have not used my free infrequent-user license for some time since I retired and St. Steve Lionel kindly arranged the license for me.

Anyway, I have a Maths problem I'd like to program and so went back to my old previously trusty Visual Studio Community 2015 platform on which I had installed the Intel composer of that period but find that I cannot compile and the error message in full is

License file(s) used were (in this order):
1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\\Intel\Licenses\intel-sw-tools-license.lic
2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\\Intel\Licenses\w_6V8DD5R7.lic
3. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
4. C:\PROGRA~2\INTELS~1\COMPIL~1\windows\bin\Intel64\*.lic
Please refer https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading#support-expiration for more information..
ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

Build log written to "file://C:\Users\Tony\Documents\Visual%20Studio%202015\Projects\THREECIRCLEPROBLEM\THREECIRCLEPROBLEM\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
THREECIRCLEPROBLEM - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I attach contents of the Visual Studio About window, and its license verification window.

So I guess my Intel license has long expired. Is there anyway I can persuade you guys to send me an updated license please?  And how to install it? You will make an old man very happy in these uncertain buggy times!

Best regards and here's hoping,

Anthony Richards (ex-Brown Belt, retired)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The new oneAPI compiler is free, so there is no longer a need for a special license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Free licenses have expiration dates. You can look at your license file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses. Look for a line that resembles this:

INCREMENT I2007DD7A INTEL 2023.0223 23-feb-2023 uncounted \

That "23-feb-2023" is the expiration date of my license. (The 2023.0223 is a support date, not allowing to run any compiler newer than that.)

Sorry, I can no longer help you with a new license.

What I can suggest for now is to download and install the OneAPI beta, which is free. It will work for a few months at least. You'll need to find a new benefactor at Intel...

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The new oneAPI compiler is free, so there is no longer a need for a special license.

0 Kudos
moe525
Beginner

Hello,

I got the same problem.

Error Error Product support for your (Comp-FW) license has expired. 

Error error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license ifort

Unfortunately, installing oneAPI compiler doesn't help me.

I wonder if there is another way to fix it?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

If you can describe your problem someone here probably can offer a solution. 

Looking for old versions is usually a waste of time and the new compilers will almost always compile old code.  

0 Kudos
moe525
Beginner

I’m trying to compile my fortran files in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. I also installed Intel ® Parallel Studio xe 2017. It used to work very well, but just yesterday it didn’t work anymore and I got these messages.

Normally, if the license gets expired or needs to be updated, I used to get notification. But this time no notification at all.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If the Intel Software Manager is installed and left on its default to run periodically, it does warn of license expiration. But the only types of Intel compiler licenses that expire are those that were free - trial, non-commercial or student. If you paid for the product, your license does not expire (support does expire, though.)

Nowadays, there's no reason to spend more than a nanosecond fretting about a many-years-old compiler complaining about a license. The latest version, part of the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, is free for everyone and doesn't even do license checks. 

0 Kudos