Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26731 Discussions

Error about the "syevd" function in mkl of fortran

wang__ningning
Beginner

I compile my test.f as "ifort -mkl test.f -o test" but the system feedback is undefined reference and it cann't find this function. However, the ssyevd function works well. In the intel mkl Developer Reference, the function description is:

Syntax
call ssyevd(jobz, uplo, n, a, lda, w, work, lwork, iwork, liwork, info)
call dsyevd(jobz, uplo, n, a, lda, w, work, lwork, iwork, liwork, info)
call syevd(a, w [,jobz] [,uplo] [,info])

Why the system cann't find the syevd function? Please help me, I need the fortran mkl to calculate the eigenvalue of matrice 20000*20000.

The  file test.f is:

program main
      implicit none
      integer,parameter :: M=20000,N=500
      integer i,j,info
      real dataM(M,N),C(M,M),T(N,M),W(M)
      open(5,file='output_1.47_0.000_1.dat')
      do i=1,M
          read(5,*) (dataM(i,j),j=1,N)
      end do
      write(*,*) "load the dat file!"
      do i=1,M
          dataM(i,:)=dataM(i,:)/sqrt(sum(dataM(i,:)**2))
      end do
      write(*,*) "dataM has been unitary"
      T=transpose(dataM)
      C=matmul(dataM,T)
      write(*,*) "C has been done!"
      call syevd(C,W)
      end

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

In order to use the Lapack95 call to SYEVD as you did in your program, you should insert a "use lapack95" statement after the first line, and you should link with the MKL Lapack95 library (IA32, LP64 or ILP64, as appropriate). See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor for help with the command line to link.

This thread is more appropriate for the MKL forum.

wang__ningning
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. But now, I have a new problem. It makes me trouble! When I calculate the eigenvalues using the syevd function, the result of eigenvalues are all zero and the info=-1000. What's wrong with it or my procedure?

use lapack95,only: syevd

use blas95,only:gemm

call syevd(C,W,'V','U',info)

ifort -mkl EM.f -o EM  /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_ilp64.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blas95_ilp64.a

wang__ningning
Beginner

mecej4 wrote:

In order to use the Lapack95 call to SYEVD as you did in your program, you should insert a "use lapack95" statement after the first line, and you should link with the MKL Lapack95 library (IA32, LP64 or ILP64, as appropriate). See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor for help with the command line to link.

This thread is more appropriate for the MKL forum.

Thank you for your reply. But now, I have a new problem. It makes me trouble! When I calculate the eigenvalues using the syevd function, the result of eigenvalues are all zero and the info=-1000. What's wrong with it or my procedure?

use lapack95,only: syevd

use blas95,only:gemm

call syevd(C,W,'V','U',info)

ifort -mkl EM.f -o EM  /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_ilp64.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blas95_ilp64.a

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

MKL questions are better asked in the MKL forum.